Auxiliary Front Panel - AFP
AFP models addressed in this page:
- WR40-3 – 4-Port Remote Auxiliary Front Panel.
- WR80-3 – 8-Port Remote Auxiliary Front Panel.
When a KVM is out of reach, such as when installed under a desk or in a cabinet, you have a problem. You don’t have access to the buttons for selecting and seeing the active PCs. To make matters worse, the Protection Profile 3.0 (PP 3.0) prohibits using keyboard shortcuts. The small, attachable Auxiliary Front Panel (AFP) solves these problems, by providing direct control of the KVM – right from your desktop or monitor.
See how it works: https://youtu.be/QgjLYL_1aGw
The AFP provides several benefits:
- Push buttons, like those on the KVM, for easy channel switching, combined with LEDs that show the active PC
- Dimmer controls that let you adjust LED light intensity for changes of ambient light
- Simply mounts on a desktop or display
- Communicates via a standard RS232 protocol for easy and intuitive installation and control
Optional – The AFP Matrix Adapter
Use with Secure Mini-Matrix Switches for displaying on two monitors. This tiny adapter enables you to connect two AFPs, one for each monitor.